The fat lady. . .
Steve Hatle
2001-12-27 18:00:51 UTC
Apparently she's off the stage and in the car on the way home from Be.

http://www.be.com

I wonder if there will be any cool stuff at the liquidation auction?
Anyone near Menlo Park?

Steve
(who will commune with his BeBox tonight)
Steve Hatle

Steve Hatle

Steve Hatle

Paul Sladen
2001-12-27 19:36:29 UTC
Post by Steve Hatle
http://www.be.com
I wonder if there will be any cool stuff at the liquidation auction?
Anyone fancy bidding on the domainname? :)

-Paul
Nottingham, GB
Paul Sladen

Nottingham, GB
Paul Sladen

Nottingham, GB
Paul Sladen

Nottingham, GB
Amy
2001-12-27 20:01:41 UTC
Post by Steve Hatle
Apparently she's off the stage and in the car on the way home from Be.
http://www.be.com
NOW THIS JUST SUCKS.

--a
Joshua D Boyd
2001-12-27 20:12:43 UTC
Post by Amy
Post by Steve Hatle
Apparently she's off the stage and in the car on the way home from Be.
http://www.be.com
NOW THIS JUST SUCKS.
Well, that has pretty much been what I've been saying since R5 came without the
much promised hardware GL support. To someone who spend most of his spare
programming time with GL code, this was a pretty much a show stopper. Up till
then I wasn't able to go so far as to buy a BeBox, but I did have legit
copies of every Intel release. If only Palm would open source it, but, I doubt
they will.

BTW, have you looked at AthenaOS? It shows numerous signs of Be-ish
inspiration, and it looks like it is usable for real work today, assuming that
real work doesn't mean GL or sound. I'll probably try it once they get just
a bit more polished installation procedures, although it doesn't have a chance
of becoming my main OS until it get hardware 3D acceleration, which doesn't
look likely anytime soon (the maintainer refuses to accept kernel patchs except
for really small bug fixes, which is the main reason for the incredibly awefull
sound support).
Joshua D. Boyd
Joshua D Boyd

Joshua D. Boyd
Joshua D Boyd

Joshua D. Boyd
Joshua D Boyd

Joshua D. Boyd
Amy
2001-12-27 20:01:41 UTC

--a
Amy
2001-12-27 20:01:41 UTC

--a
Amy
2001-12-27 20:01:41 UTC

--a
Paul Sladen
2001-12-27 20:32:14 UTC
BTW, have you looked at AthenaOS? although it doesn't have a chance
of becoming my main OS until it get hardware 3D acceleration, which doesn't
look likely anytime soon
Grab yourself, a copy of Debian (www.debian.org), a PowerPC or Intel box
and a sweet graphics card... apt-get install XFree4, which *really* rocks;
Then grab a SBLive!, and finish off with a sprinkling of your favourite
Window Manager's BeOS theme.

Why Wait? We *have* Q3A at more fps than Windows; already...

-Paul
Nottingham, GB
Paul Sladen

Nottingham, GB